Nowadays, vegetables in market are contaminated with pesticide. What are the ways to prepare vegetables that are free of pesticide, yet nutritious? Read on.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with warm water and soap before and after preparing fresh produce.
- While shopping, choose healthy looking, ripe fruits and vegetables instead of bruised, moldy and mushy produce.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables just before you want to eat them in order to maintain their natural coatings that keep moisture inside. If you wash them, they will spoil sooner.
- Wash all fruits and vegetables, including those pre-packaged ones that are labeled as pre-washed.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables thoroughly, including the parts you don’t plan to eat. Bacteria can live on the rind of an orange or the skin of a cucumber without being noticed by us. Therefore, when you peel them, the bacteria can be transferred from the outside of the fruit or vegetable onto the parts you will be eating through the contact with the knife you use to cut them through.
- While washing fruits and vegetables, gently rub them under running water. Avoid any soaps, detergents, bleaches or other toxic cleaning chemicals that will leave some chemical residues on your produce.
- For firmer fruits and vegetables, such as apples and potatoes, scrub them with a vegetable brush and rinse them with clean water to remove dirt and residue.
- Dry produce with a clean cloth or paper towel to further reduce bacteria that may be present.
- Throw away the outermost leaves of a head of lettuce or cabbage.
Introducing to you Vita-Lea Iron Formula from Shaklee.
For enquiries and bookings, leave me a comment or pm me.